Amstaff feeding at home
Amstaff Feeding - a responsible question. It must be solved before the puppy appears in your house.
The dog’s food system is different from the human one, so feeding amstaff with waste from the table is not the best choice. The general rules for feeding dogs are also valid for feeding the American Staffordshire Terrier.
However, there are features inherent in this particular breed. They must be taken into account when drawing up the diet.
General principles of feeding Amstaff (American Staffordshire Terrier)
1. A puppy eats more often than an adult dog.
|Amstaff age||Number of feedings per day|
|Puppies up to 3 months||5-6 times|
|3 to 6 months||4 times|
|6 - 9 months||3 times|
|Older than 9 months||2 times|
2. You can choose dry food or natural food for the American Staffordshire Terrier. In the first case, when choosing a feed, consider the dog’s lifestyle, as well as its activity and age. The pet and the athlete eat differently.
3. American Staffordshire Terriers - big lovers of food. So the lack of appetite is usually not affected. If the dog doesn’t eat, is it possible that she is feeling ill?
4. Feed the American Staffordshire Terrier after a walk. A fed dog is not capable of feats: he will quickly get tired and will want to sleep.
5. The bowl is placed on a stand, the height of which is increased in accordance with the growth of the dog.
Amstaff natural feeding
1. With a natural diet, your first task is to correctly calculate the daily need for food.This is pretty simple.
|Dog weight||Daily food requirement||Food volume|
|25 kg||2 - 3% of the dog's weight||500 - 750 gr|
|30 kg||600 - 900 gr|
2. Consider your pet's lifestyle, age, activity, and workload. If your American Staffordshire Terrier is losing weight or getting fat, increase or decrease the portion accordingly.
3. Give meat to the American Staffordshire Terrier daily. It should be 1/3 of the diet. That is, if your pet eats 900 grams of food per day, about 300 grams should be meat. Give it raw. It’s best not to cut into small pieces.
4. Two to three times a week, amstaff with porridge or soup is given 100 - 150 grams. meat and bone meal.
5. Vegetables are given raw to the American Staffordshire Terrier. They can be pre-ground on a grater.
Amstaff dry food
1. If you choose dry food, calculate calories. The formula for calculating: 1300 kcal per 20 kg of dog weight. With intense physical exertion, calorie content increases by 10 - 15%.
2. For 1 kg of adult amstaff body weight, depending on its fatness, 20 to 40 grams are necessary. dry food.
Remember, American Staffordshire Terriers are prone to obesity. Do not overfeed your pet.